The Autism Treatment Network (ATN) is a collaboration of Autism Speaks® and some of the finest children’s hospitals and academic institutions in North America, specializing in multi-disciplinary medical care for children with autism. Together, they work to develop evidence-based protocols and standards of care for many of the most challenging medical conditions surrounding autism today. ATN best practices are shared with physicians and medical facilities nationwide to improve outcomes for all children with autism.
Through the work of the Autism Treatment Network we continue to make a fundamental difference in the care of children with ASD and their families.
- Support more than 30,000 children and adolescents through coordinated behavioral and medical care annually at ATN member sites.
- Manage the world’s first and largest medical registry in ASD with data from 6,900 families.
- Serve as the Autism Intervention Research Network for Physical Health (AIR-P) ATN/AIR-P:
- Advance scientific research through studies on major autism-related health concerns and disorders.
- Develop national, evidence-based guidelines for the management of life-challenging health issues for children with autism published in Pediatric supplement of American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Create free educational tool kits for managing autism-related issues, shared with more than 150,000 families and health professionals.
- Deliver educational outreach and training to more than 94,000 health professionals, families and students each year.
Learn how the ATN, serving as the Autism Intervention Network on Physical Health (AIR-P), is advancing autism research and medical practice through funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), made possible by the Autism CARES Act.
Call the Autism Response Team (ART) at 888-AUTISM 2 (288-4762)
For more information:
Our Major Partners: